Ever since I became a single lady, I’ve been incredibly fortunate to have a treasure trove of amazing women saunter into my life. Joining the equally awesome gal pals I’ve carried with me since childhood, all of these ladies have proved themselves to be the ultimate ride or die chicks. Here are nine signs that you may have found your very own scissor sisters:
1. When they see you making a poor decision, they’ll try to save you from yourself. And when you push them away and argue that you’re busy “doing you,” they’ll simply laugh it off and keep the judgment at bay.
2. After ingesting one too many shots and insisting that you’re walking 4 miles home, they’ll force you into a cab, make sure you get home okay, help undress you, feed you water, tuck you into bed and then promise you’re not dying (because you can’t possibly have drank that much and still be alive).
3. They aren’t afraid to give you that #realtalk whenever you’re acting a fool. On the flip, when you show up to their apartment in absolute shambles or suffer a freak panic attack, they’ll drop everything in order to tend to your momentary mental instability.
4. They will Pinterest the fuck out of your clothes or help you decorate your apartment or make you dinner to ensure that you’re fed properly. Basically, they’ll pick up the slack on the areas of your life that you’re less than stellar at.
5. They’ll go to bat for you without hesitation. From throwing the most excellent of shade to putting someone in their place on your behalf. Your back. They’ve got it.
6. When you’re convinced you have an incurable medical ailment, they’ll try their best to convince you that you’re fine. When you’re absolutely positive that death is imminent, they’ll go along with it and start Googling for doctors specializing in “weird bump on my friend’s crotch that she says is most definitely cancer.” It goes without saying that TMI is nonexistent in this friendship.
7. You don’t walk out the door until they’ve co-signed your outfit. Because you know that they’ll be the first to tell you if you look like an absolute hobgoblin.
8. Much like Ice Cube, they’re down for whatever. Spontaneous road trips. Impromptu dance parties. Weekly improv classes. I mean, whatever semi-crazy thing you want to do, they’re not going to ask too many questions.
9. You’re your best self when you’re around them. And on the rare occasion that you’re an absolute monster, they’ll forgive. But make sure that you never forget.